Blog About Twitter


Based on the Twitter interaction my CIS3810 class had this week, I can say without a doubt that the Blackboard produces a more articulate, and stimulating, discussion between my peers. Unlike Twitter, Blackboard does not restrict its users with a character limit; allowing individuals to share a well thought out post. The only downside to Blackboard posts, in my opinion, is the fact that users are rarely notified when people reply to their posts. If Blackboard were to implement this notification feature, I believe it could stimulate an even deeper discussion amongst various peers.

An in-class discussion would of course be viewed as the best way to stimulate a diverse conversation. Individuals would be given the chance to provide immediate responses to other peers’ opinions, and vice versa. However, the biggest downside to in-class discussions is the fact that they could sometimes become sidetracked. On Twitter and Blackboard, people are more likely to stay on topic.


Comments

  1. Hey Josh, I totally agree that during in-class discussions, conversations can become side-tracked. I see this happening a lot in my classes since students sometimes share their life experiences relating to a certain topic but they sometimes share so much that it no longer has anything to do with the original topic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Next New

Modeling Reality with Virtual Worlds

P2P